Tuesday, January 5, 2016

'Animal Print' Bedroom Slippers- Part 2

Once the resists are removed...

...the rubbing and rolling continues...


                                          ...until the slippers are fully felted...

                                                        ...and the proper size.



                                   Leaving excess silk, as I did, during the layout...

                               ...(to wrap around to the second side of the resist)...

                     
                             ...left fewer 'silk-free' areas than in this recent project.



                                    Because I made them as a birthday surprise...



                                      ...I had guessed on my friend's shoe size...



                                              ...but I'm very pleased to say...



                                  ...that they fit 'as if they were made for her'! Grin.



                        I added lines of 'puffy paint' to the slipper soles for traction...



                     ...and as long as she can keep them from becoming 'chew toys'...

                                             ...I think they'll be quite useful!! ')



6 comments:

Rachel said...

Keeping them from being chew toys will be the real achievement, I see!

They look great, so she's got an incentive...

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Rachel!! (I was so relieved that they fit! Her feet are teeny-tiny!)

Marille said...

Slippers are great. My congratulations. Thank you very much too for DYI.
Happy New Year 2016 !!!
Greetings from Poland :-)
Marille
from http://marilles-crochet.blogspot.com/

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks so much, Marille! Happy New Year to you, too!

FeltersJourney said...

Veeeery nice :) Good job guesstimating your friends foot size! xx

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah- I was lucky!! :)